Greater Toronto Area, ON CA
The Compensation Analyst will be a valuable member in contributing to our client’s future. This individual will play a pivotal role in supporting the design, implementation, communication and administration of compensation programs, as well as providing specialized expertise in job evaluation and job documentation areas.
- Act as a consultant and advisor to HR on job documentation (PDQ’s), job evaluation process and compensation related issues.
- Develop and deliver internal training materials to assist others with preparing job documentation (PDQ’s).
- Evaluate, update and reorganize PDQ’s to ensure all positions in the organization have current and complete job description/PDQ. Maintain and update the position description questionnaire database.
- Support job evaluation process by conducting preliminary job evaluations according to established criteria.
- Coordinated and tracked completion of job evaluations conducted by job evaluation SME’s.
- Supports the management of the company's job structures; help to maintain all records, translation, job code list updates, works with SAP Business support team to ensure the proper integration of jobs in our system of records.
- Prepares a variety of special reports and analysis to monitor the integrity and competitiveness of our compensation programs.
- Proficiently gather data from various systems (SAP), as well as conduct data audits and analyses to identify discrepancies; coordinate with all relevant parties to make corrections.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies and procedures related to compensation programs.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement initiatives by constantly reviewing current processes and practices to identify opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist in compensation related projects such as Pay Equity; provides project support, record-keeping, communication, training materials etc.
- Perform other related duties as required or requested.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources Management, Finance, Communication or other related discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience with job analysis, job documentation (PDQ’s, description development), job evaluation required
- Advanced skill-level in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to collaborate and work effectively at all levels in the organization to discuss issues, solicit and provide advice, share information and provide recommendations and solutions in response to job related situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide assistance/prepare effective job documentation, prepare supporting job evaluation rationales, prepare job analyses and recommendations
- Excellent planning and organizational skills to effectively prioritize work and deliver to client group on a timely basis in a high volume, fast paced and demanding environment.
- Able to deliver high quality work against multiple deadlines.
- Good judgement, diplomacy and ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality; ability to influence and persuade others
- Knowledge and understanding of the Pay Equity Act and maintenance of Pay Equity would be an asset
- CHRP designation (or actively working towards) an asset
- Bilingual (French/English) an asset, but not required