Full Stack Developer
Mississauga, ON CA
The Full Stack Developer ensures that developers deliver quality solutions that abide to the standards set by the Development CoE. This individual often acts as the lead designer of the technical solution in collaboration with other lead developers in cross functional teams. The Full Stack Developer is also involved in the development activity and provides development guidance to the other developers. They are also considered a primary point of contact for the Development CoE.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Architect, design, and lead implementation of services and APIs.
- Facilitate and encourage collaboration, working as one team
- Build a cohesive team and create an inspiring team environment
- Mentor, coach, motivate and guide team members in carrying out related development activities
- Participating in technical design sessions, review design and development tasks
- Establish coding conventions/standards/check lists for area of expertise
- Perform code review in critical functionality areas
- Support developers in following activities:
- Understand and interpret functional requirements as set forth in the functional design documents
- Design, develop and unit test technical solutions for moderate to complex work objects assigned
- Provide support to test teams during product and UAT testing of the technical solution developed
- Prepare and implement the technical solution to the production environment
- Investigate and provide post implementation support of the technical solution implemented
- Provide basic design documents and translate into component-level designs to accelerate development.
- Design, develop, and distribute reusable technical components.
- Assist in developing technical documentation; participate in test-plan development, integration, and deployment
- Define and develop project requirements, functional specifications, and detailed designs of application solutions for clients
- Establish development best practices and effective DevOps process.
Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT environment preferably leading a team
- C# .Net 3.1 & 6.0
- Experience designing, building, and supporting systems in both cloud environment (Azure, AWS)
- Web Technologies – HTML / CSS / TypeScript / Angular
- Mobile technologies – iOS, Android (Flutter and Dart)
- REST API’s
- Datastores: PostgreSQL, REDIS Cache
- Proficient with distributed system architectures (message queues, events)
- Application / product feature design
- Microservice Architecture
- Understanding CI/CD and familiar with Azure DevOps, Jira, Git, TerraForm
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Academic: Post-secondary education in computer science or application development
OVERALL SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Problem solving / analytical thinking
- Smart risk taking
- Ability to execute
- Interpersonal skills