Find the opportunity that's right for you.
IT Support Specialist
Halifax, NS CA
NicomIT Solutions is a leader in Technology Management Solutions to our global and Canadian midsize and enterprise clients. We are looking for highly motivated IT Support Specialist to join our fast-growing team at our Markham location! If you are a results-oriented individual with a track record of success whether working from home, in the office or sitting in front of a client, we want to hear from you! We have an abundance of clients who love our team and our solutions, and you will be positioned to make an immediate impact right away. Our team is collaborative and loves to share success – we all win!!
Who you are: You are passionate about technology and can engage with our clients about any challenges they are having and advise and consult on the most appropriate NicomIT provided solutions. You enjoy a fast paced, multiple priorities environment where you will be provided the support you need to be successful. You build loyalty and earn the right to dig deep on their current use of technology and advise on their future path of solutions. As a IT Support Specialist, you will support our clients’ creative and transformative spirit of innovation across all technologies, including Microsoft Suite of Products. The close relationships developed with your clients will allow you to understand their business operational needs and technical challenges and help them derive the greatest value from their technology solutions and their partnership with NicomIT.
Skills & Experience:
- Azure Active Directory Users & Groups
- Office 365 Administration including Azure AD groups
- Local Active Directory from Server 2008 R2 onward to Server 2019 R2
- Group Policy Management & Maintenance for local Active Directory / Domain Controller(s)
- Remote Troubleshooting of Desktop and Laptops including peripherals
- Networking troubleshooting - updating drivers and running windows updates and other software installs and configurations
- Fantastic customer communication and management skills
- Ticketing System Experience / working from a ticketing environment (Asset)
- ConnectWise Manage (Asset)
- Using Remote Monitoring and management tools (Asset)
- Migration of servers from one DC to another (Zerto assisted, for example)
- Experience with Hyper-V, VMWare (Asset)
- Virtual Machine Resource Management experience (Best Practice + Nicom added redundancy)
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery training, best practice, testing experience
- Own transportation Required
- A+, Microsoft Azure / Office 365
- Microsoft Systems Management (MSCSE)