Find the opportunity that's right for you.
Sales Support Specialist
Halifax, NS CA
We are looking for someone who really loves technology and the nitty gritty of the sales process. You love to deal with customers and understand the IT Distributor relationship (TDSynnex, Ingram Micro, D&H) and vendor ecosystem. You can juggle priorities and love to be in a great company! The Sales Support Specialist provides administrative support in fast paced; deadline driven environment. A self-starter that can work independently but also be a strong team player with a drive toward customer satisfaction. Must be results focused providing high quality output while working under pressure meeting strict deadlines. A strong attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential information. Quick to learn to new tasks and highly adaptable to change.
Duties and responsibilities
- Providing pricing assistance and fulfilling any pricing inquiries as needed
- Assisting sales staff with calling, scheduling appointments, and following up with customers to ensure they are on track to meet quotas
- Assisting Sales Executives with proposals or sales presentations as required
- Completing necessary administrative work including filing reports, scheduling appointments, or sending emails
- Resolving issues and handling customer complaints on behalf of the sales staff
- Work directly with external vendors, external clients (including Government and Crown Corporations).
- Prepare and submit customer price quotes.
- Prepare tender submissions and negotiate pricing with vendors.
- Coordinate multiple vendors for product delivery and suitability.
- Skilled in resolving customer service issues and finding solutions.
- Provide purchasing and support for the entire sales group
- Going above and beyond for the team with exceptional attitude and work ethic.
The Sales Support Specialist helps to make the sales process easier for sales staff and customers. The Sales Support Specialist will report to a particular Sales Representative or a team. The Sales Support Specialist will perform research, input data, and complete smaller jobs within the sales process. The Sales Support Specialist will reach out to customers or clients to schedule meetings. The Sales Support Specialist may also be responsible for the calendars of the sales staff.
Skills and qualifications
A successful Sales Support Specialist will have various prerequisite skills and qualifications required for the duties performed in this job, including:
- About 1 year of experience in a high tech/sales environment
- Completed a post-secondary Business program, or equivalent
- Experience with sales, tech support
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work as an independent contributor and as part of a team
- Organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal skills to build strong and lasting relationships
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Other duties and responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior sales staff to create and maintain sales reports
- Establish active communication and engage with Sales Representatives to ensure prompt processing of orders
- Contribute to overall customer satisfaction by promptly responding to communications
- Monitor and organize inventory while effectively tracking new products and services
- Attend sales training and develop an understanding of the products and services of the company
- Support senior management by informing customers about delivery dates and possible delays
- Arrange for creation and distribution of supporting documents and presentations to help the sales team in generating business leads
- Maintain organized sales records and report month-end goal setting to the senior management team