Senior IP-Enforcement Business Analyst/Project Manager
Austin, TX US
Location: Austin, TX
Type: Contract, Fully On-site
- BA/PM in Application Development side, worked as a developer with 1-2 years’ experience in Intellectual Property Enforcement (IPE).
- Project plans, monitor and review project progress, timelines.
- Support the IP team in modeling, maintaining, and reporting patent budgets.
- Manage multiple IP Enforcement projects on a global scale and work collaboratively with IPE team members.
- Should have 5-8 years of experience as a business analyst for application development. Should have 1-2 years’ experience in legal domain (Not Required).
- Should have an understanding of various legal operations like Intellectual Property, Legal Compliance, matter management & operations (Not Required).
- Liferay platform application (OGC Portal), TeamConnect.
- Neo4J Graphical database.
- MS Products - Excel, word, ppt.
- The person should be very good at communication.
- Support the IP team in modeling, maintaining, and reporting patent budgets and other data to provide clarity, visibility, and tracking of key success parameters against Department goals and objectives; work with technology and analytics business partners to develop or leverage an internal reporting system to enhance data capture and reporting related to Global Legal IP Team.
- Manage multiple IP Enforcement projects on a global scale and work collaboratively with IPE team members and cross-functional stakeholders to develop and execute effective IPE projects.
- Responsible for testing and implementing products related to eBilling and IP portfolio.
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to create, lead and successfully execute project plans, monitor and review project progress, timelines, and critical milestones. Adjust schedules and plans as needed. Facilitate and coordinate team meetings and minutes.
- Ensure on-time delivery of projects while also ensuring that stage gates and governance are properly adhered to during the execution of the project. Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with competing deadlines. Ability to manage and adhere to project budgets.
- Ability to effectively communicate project status to partners/leadership throughout the project, including identifying, explaining, and resolving risks and issues related to the project. Will be the for the business partners, keeping the organization appropriately informed of Program and/or New Product risks/mitigations and developments.
- Clarify project scope from an initial concept and manage scope changes throughout the project's life. Ensure there is accountability at a team and individual level, sufficient resource allocation, and integration of project activities with the objective of meeting all project and business commitments.
- Support team, including case management, calendaring, creating agendas and notetaking, and preparing presentations and project related materials.
- Identify areas for optimization, and oversee the design and implementation of innovative solutions, including technological and operational remedies to boost the efficiency and effectiveness of the IPE team and the investigation program.
- Gather Business requirements, build prototypes according to the requirements.
- Support the applications that are in production.
- Work closely with business managers, technical leads and developers to ensure the delivery and support of the solutions.
- Monitor and track the progress and status of projects and follow-up actions.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and professionalism.
- 5-8 years’ experience as business analyst for application development.
- 1-2 years’ experience in legal domain for application customization, configuration, process analysis & design.
- Understanding of various legal operations like Intellectual Property, Legal Compliance, Matter management & operations.
- Should understand software development methodologies & latest technologies in legal domain.
- Ability to track of the development cycle, conducting UAT, status update & conduct business review meetings.
- Worked with multiple stakeholders and counsel’s office to understand & details out the business requirements.
- Should have an experience of working with application development team for system design by analyzing requirements, constructing workflow charts and diagrams, studying system capabilities, writing specifications.
- Have conducted and documented legal business functional and technical requirements, developed user stories, created process flow diagrams and user cases.