Find the opportunity that's right for you.
Senior IT Business Analyst
Mississauga, ON CA
Our client, a leader in their field currently seeks a Senior Business Analyst IT to join their team in a hybrid role. If you have 7 years experience as a Business Analyst -IT background with strong experience in writing technical and functional design documents, along with a proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs, we want to hear from you!
- Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs.
- Elicit, define, assess and document detailed business and system design requirements (functional, operational, transitional, information & non-functional) for new systems & systems enhancements and identify any gaps within current capability.
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Collaborate with architects, analysts, cross-functional project groups, to document dependencies and solutions understood by all technical groups.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Understanding and documenting REST API configurations and specifications.
- Performs analysis and evaluation of options, alternatives, and system capabilities; Identify complex process and systems solutions to address major system needs.
- Provide strong subject matter expertise across multiple functional areas and across functional process flows or functional and cross functional teams.
- Prepare business reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Understand complex system integrations including source and target systems and how they relate to each other and perform data analysis.
- Understand and communicate the operational impact of any changes.
- Participating and supporting the Intake process; ability to facilitate meetings, manage stakeholders, action plans and audit requests
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner & independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs.
- Support Product Owner and/or Project Manager to document and manage requirements in Jira and Confluence.
- Support the Technical Architect, Developers and/or QA to identify, record, document, monitor defects in Jira, and updates documentation in Confluence and SharePoint as required.
- Prepare and give presentations to customers and collaborators.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, as there will be much interaction with other people, as well as capturing user requirements and articulating user acceptance criteria.
- Working knowledge of relevant development tools, e.g. JIRA, Confluence, SOAP-UI, Postman.
- Working knowledge of serverless applications on cloud e.g. AWS technologies, Salesforce.
- Available and willing to collaborate with other team members. Strong team player as well as able to work independently.
- Completely understands principles of agile development, and able to document business requirements as user stories (Required).
- Basic SQL writing skills: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL or any other RDBMS.
- Knowledge of SDLC, testing concepts, and testing methodologies.
- Proficiency in Business Analysis procedures and requirements, as well as technical analysis and design requirements.
- Highly experienced in writing business requirements for system development.
- Knowledge of enterprise applications and enterprise analysis.
- SQL knowledge and skilled and experienced in working with relational database structures Experience working in a project environment and SDLC methodologies.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a Business Analyst role-IT background, must have
- Experience in writing technical and functional design documents.
- Agile/ Scrum / Hybrid experience, must have
- MS Office, MS Visio proficiency, must have
- Strong oral and written communication skills, must have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and professional development.
- Cloud, AWS experience, nice to have
- Salesforce Sales, Marketing, Finance, nice to have
- Soap UI and Postman Experience, nice to have
- Excellent understanding of business context and mode of operations.
- Proven ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Mature perspective on architecture principles and frameworks.