Sr DevOps Engineer
Mississauga, ON CA
Our client, a leader in their field, is currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer (AWS) to join their team on a full-time basis. This candidate will build and automate the AWS infrastructure that enables developers to deploy applications to multiple environments. They will have experience with AWS, and can direct improvements to build and release scripts, tools, and processes. The candidate will also have experience with AWS infrastructure, CloudFormation scripts, Docker containers, experience deploying CI/CD, knowledge of AWS security, encryption, security groups.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS Native services such as (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodePipeline, CloudFront, S3, Lambda Functions, Glue services, Athena)
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Cloudformation, Terraform.
- Experience with source code management tools such as Bitbucket, Github.
- Experience in using and configuring build tools and orchestration such as Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Artifactory.
- Experienced with either modern programming languages e.g., Java, Python and /or similar languages.
- Working knowledge of SQL and other Databases.
- Working experience with AWS API GW integration and management.
- Working experience with Serverless technology such as AWS lambda functions, Fargate container.
- A strong DevOps background with a security and automation mindset.
NICE TO HAVE
- AWS Solution Architect
- AWS SysOPS admin
- Any Azure, GCP experience would certainly an asset